marslize

Shelique Lize's Reads

Welcome

Hey there and welcome to my bookshelf, where you will find my thoughts on books. Book promos and more stuff on books.

I love the author community. Most importantly I love the indie authors and would love to help out in way that I can.
SPOILER ALERT!

REVIEW: Break Me In

— feeling excited
Break Me In - Shari Slade

Hearts: 4/5

Sensual: 5/5

Heat: 3/5

Break Me In is another fast paced, exciting read.

Continuing from where Ride Me Hard left off, Noah drags Star along with whatever it is that he’s doing. Drag, I use the word lightly because she went with him willing, despite his warning signs to stay away. Despite that he beat up the sheriff who was hitting on her. Did the officer deserve that beat down, maybe a little…but not to that extreme.

Star willing leaves behind a life where her landlord comes and goes out of her apartment as he pleases. An apartment that she can barely afford and a job that barely pays her to survive. She leaves her home behind with its broken door, barely hanging on its hinges to ride away into the sunset with Noah. Or ride straight to hell. Depends on how you want to look at it. Depends on how Star is looking at it.

Shit gets real serious, and the excitement that Star didn’t know she was seeking becomes all too real as Noah and his friend take Star to a club. This club is gritty and dangerous with drugs, naked women, random sex everywhere. In this scary club, Star’s flight or fleet responses are kicking in full gear. There, in all that trepidation building inside of her, she meets the big bad Dev. The one that Noah and his friend have been talking about repeatedly since before they left.

A little too late to decide flight or fleet Dev decides to use Star to get information out of Henry. I felt bad for her. I was a happy that Noah stepped up and wanted to do the lashings instead of Dev. I felt bad that Noah had to do that. I hated Dev because he knew, could tell how Noah liked Star. Dev got what he deserved.

The reason why I rated this 4/5 hearts is because I couldn’t get over the fact that although Star was beaten, and hurt she still wanted Noah to screw her. I have never been lashed before but I could only imagine the excruciating heat on her flesh. Then when she woke up all horny for Noah. Maybe Star has a high level of pain tolerance.

I like Noah. I’m intrigued to know more about him, his family and gang family. There’s more to the big bad biker than what meets the eyes. I’m excited to know about what happened to his sister. I want to know what will happen with what Noah did to Dev and I just want to know more!

Sensual rating 5/5 because well, its explicit. Yet again =)

Heat rating 3/5 its sizzling, but nothing more for me.

* I was given a copy of this book for free, in an exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://www.sheliquelize.com/Reviews/%E2%98%85-%C2%B8%C2%B8-%E2%80%A2%E2%98%854-star-review-break-me-in-by-shari-slade-%E2%98%85-%C2%B8%C2%B8-%E2%80%A2%E2%98%85-mustread