marslize

Shelique Lize's Reads

Welcome

Hey there and welcome to my bookshelf, where you will find my thoughts on books. Book promos and more stuff on books.

I love the author community. Most importantly I love the indie authors and would love to help out in way that I can.
SPOILER ALERT!

REVIEW: Beautiful Regret

Beautiful Regret: Part Two (An Alpha Billionaire Romance) (VIP Short Story) - Rhyme Devereux, Book Cover By Design

Summary

VIP- Where sexy alpha males hook up with single ladies:

Ivy and Jax's story continues in Beautiful Regret, Part Two...

My VIP contract details didn't include falling in love. Jax my savior is now my undoing.

When a family secret threatens their second chance. Ivy's life as she knows it, won't be the same...

There was a time when I thought staying single wasn't such a bad thing. Then I meet my next client, Jax Sterling, a billionaire. He turns my world on its axis. But the problem is there will never be anything between us. I don't date clients.

Jax is gorgeous, powerful, protective, and had my heart a long time ago. The more time we spend together, the more I crave to be with him. I can't resist his touch. He seduces my mind. Plays with my senses, and consumes me with unyielding pleasure. For once, I feel unbroken.

I want Jax.

Then a lifelong secret threatens to keep us apart.

Author Note:
*This is part two of a three-part series.

*If you're allergic to hot sex, kinky language, or alpha males, this book may not be for you. This book is for readers 18+ years of age.

My Thoughts

Beautiful Regret. My, oh my...

I read the first installment and I will say that Rhyme has topped the first one. I mean, I really enjoyed the first one and I had no idea where the author was going to take the story but I loved every minute of it.

So, in this installment we continue from where the 1st installment left off and that’s us finding out that Ivy has a brother. A brother, from a past that her mother tried run away from but like that saying goes, ‘Your past will always catch up with you, no matter how hard you try to make it go away.’ Well, it wasn’t Ivy who tried to runaway, it was her mother but still, you get my point.

Now years later Ivy’s half brother wants to make contact but it makes me wonder, why? Why now? Sure, maybe he couldn’t get a hold of her but then again did he even try? I will admit that I wanted to know more about Ivy’s brother and I am a little disappointed that there wasn’t much more about that in this installment.

Jax, oh sweet Jax. I love him. He’s such a sweet guy and he had my heart melting. I understand from Ivy’s perspective why she wanted space from Jax, even though I willed her not to run from him- not to leave him. Did I mention that I really love Jax? He has stolen my heart, much like how he swept up Ivy into his ocean blue eyes.

Don’t get me started on their sex scenes. They’re hot. Not over the top. Not too much sex, just the right amount, with the right touch. Its friggn sexy.

And oh boy, that last scene had me screaming at the computer. I have love/hate feelings toward the last chapter. It’s sweet the way Jax treats Ivy, they way he interacts with her. You can feel his emotions for her and you can feel that even though she’s hesitant, Ivy feels strong emotions for him as well.

I mean in one sense, I’m like wanting them to get married and skip straight to their happy ending but then the cliff hanger happens. I’m then i’m like, WTF!
NOOOO!

I also have a love/hate relationship with installments. They drive me crazy and to tell you the truth, most installments I simply stop reading them after a while. But Rhyme Devereux has done a wonderful job and I can’t wait to read Beautiful Regret Part Three.

She has found a new fan =)

* I received this book in an exchange for an honest review

Beautiful Regret- Part Two

Author: Rhyme Devereux

Publication Date: August 2, 2015

Also in this series: Naked Desire

Genres: Contemporary, Erotic, Serial

Purchase On: Amazon

About The Author

Rhyme Devereux is an adult romance writer. She is married with children, and two dogs living in Pennsylvania. After turning … a certain age, Rhyme realized that she’s a late bloomer (and wears that label with pride). Her passion for reading transitioned into writing romance books to share with other readers. When she’s not writing or daydreaming about characters, and plot twists, you can find Rhyme being a housekeeper, tutor, chef, referee, loving mother, and wife. And if she has some spare time, you will catch her lying in bed wearing holey pajamas, while reading a good romance or mystery-thriller. Thanks for wanting to get to know Rhyme better. But by far, her books are much more exciting.

WebsiteTwitterFacebookGoodreads