marslize

Shelique Lize's Reads

Welcome

Hey there and welcome to my bookshelf, where you will find my thoughts on books. Book promos and more stuff on books.

I love the author community. Most importantly I love the indie authors and would love to help out in way that I can.
SPOILER ALERT!

REVIEW: Under The Covers

Under the Covers: The Texan Quartet - Claire Boston

5/5 Heart Rating: I loved the book, the story line and characters =)

2/5 Sensuality Rating: There was sex but behind closed doors.

2/5 Heat Rating: There sexual chemistry was sensual.

Summary

What if the one time you didn't want love was when you truly needed it?

Forced to flee her abusive ex, alone with no support, Elle is determined to rebuild her life and protect her five-year-old son. Not one to take the easy road, she opens a bookshop café, but opening day almost ends in disaster. In the midst of this chaos, the last thing she needs is a man as charming as George Jones getting in her way.

George has always been a sucker for a damsel in distress, and Elle ticks all the boxes. But Elle's not interested in being rescued by anyone, especially not him. She knows her taste in men can't be trusted, but fighting George's charisma is harder than she expected. And George, who is not one to ignore an itch, has found there's something about Elle that's got under his skin.

When Elle's ex turns up to cause trouble, George must overcome his boyish flirtatiousness if he's to convince Elle to trust herself and let him into her life. But can

Elle put her past behind her before it overwhelms her present?

My Thoughts

Under The Cover was a sweet story that I instantly fell in love with. Now this book being the third in the series, that didn’t mean anything. It wasn’t like I was confused and didn’t know what was going on. Under The Covers was a stand alone novel.

Now as I digress, Under The Covers was about Elle, a mother who has ran away from her abusive ex-husband(boyfriend) Dean. She lives a few cities away from the farm that Dean’s parents owned in hopes to start a new life. Elle opens a little cafe to help support herself and her son, and wants help from no one. Especially not from a group of strangers who help her out on her grand opening, noticing that Elle in over her head with all the customers.

George is included in that group of strangers who helped Ellie out and he is instantly attracted to her, and vice versa. But with leaving her ex a few weeks ago, Elle is in no state of mind to be taking on a relationship any time soon.

Poor Elle is broken and scared, and the last thing she needs is for a surprise visit from her so called mother-in law. That visit springs forth drama to last until the end of the book. I did not like the mother-in law, I would have lit her a*s on fire if that was me.

Dean, my god. He’s the scum of the earth and he doesn’t deserve Toby.

George, I didn’t see him as flirtatious(Well, in this book). I saw that he had good intentions for Elle. I never once questioned his motives or any of his actions. I did however worry for Elle the entire read. I wondered how in her state she would handle George and his feelings for her. At times I wanted to yell at her because George only wanted to help and she was shutting him out(For good reasons) but still.

I loved how sweet and patient George was with Ellie and his understanding was unmeasurable. I found it cute that although he had kids of his own, he was very kind to Toby. Omg, I died with laughter when George was trying to explain different kinds of ‘Liking’ when it comes to kissing and Toby twisted that into George wanting to ride Ellie, like a horse. Hehe. I mean he did, but it was cute. I had to tell my husband that one.

I’m happy Ellie got a good man and a good group of friends. My heart broke at the end when George wanted to go to Ellie but he was unsure of her feelings. I really felt for the man.

I will admit, I thought the ex would have caused more trouble near the end. I guess I was expecting more of a BANG to end, but I’m satisfied with the way everything worked out.

* I received this book in an exchange for an honest review

About The Author

Claire Boston is the best-selling author of The Texan Quartet. In 2014 she was nominated for an Australian Romance Readers Award as Favourite New Romance Author.

Her debut contemporary romance novel, What Goes on Tour caught the attention of Momentum’s Joel Naoum when her first scene was read aloud at the Romance Writers’ of Australia (RWA) conference in 2013. This led to a four book contract for The Texan Quartet series.

Claire is proactive in organising social gatherings and educational opportunities for local authors. She is an active volunteer for RWA, as a mentor for aspiring authors and the reader judge coordinator.

When Claire’s not writing she can be found in the garden attempting to grow vegetables, or racing around a vintage motocross track. If she can convince anyone to play with her, she also enjoys cards and board games.

Claire lives in Western Australia, just south of Perth, with her husband, who loves even her most annoying quirks, and her grubby, but adorable Australian bulldog.

Please email Claire with any questions claire@claireboston.com

Social Networks