marslize

Shelique Lize's Reads

Welcome

Hey there and welcome to my bookshelf, where you will find my thoughts on books. Book promos and more stuff on books.

I love the author community. Most importantly I love the indie authors and would love to help out in way that I can.
SPOILER ALERT!

REVIEW: Unveiled: Laid Bare 2

Unveiled: Laid Bare: Volume 2 - S.R. Grey

Summary

Lucien and Dahlia can’t stay away from one another, so, why fight it? Giving in to their feelings, they vow to start anew. However, a surprise visit from Lucien’s mysterious cousin, Selene, puts a damper on the passionate reunion.

Who is this disarming woman? Is she like Lucien, something … different? And why is she so set on getting Dahlia out of Lucien’s life?

Faced with Selene’s disapproval, Lucien finds he is forced to unveil more of his power to Dahlia, thus placing her in a perilous situation.

The Laid Bare story continues, but not without a cost to all those involved.

Volume 2 of the Laid Bare novella series

Steamy Romance/Paranormal Romance

My Thoughts

3 ½  Heart rating: Good Book

3/5 Sensuality: There Is Sex, but Nothing Explicit

3/5 Heat: Sizzling

In this second installment, we pick up from exactly where Exposed: Laid Bare Volume 1 ended. Dahlia and Lucien are trying to figure out if they have a future.

I enjoyed this installment more than the first one. Maybe because we get more answers and we’re not left totally in the dark. Finding out what Lucien was made sense and I liked it. He wasn’t what I was suspecting but I liked that twist.

I am still curious about him and now his cousin, Selene. I really liked the scene where Lucien tried to transfer his energy to Dahlia, then having it back fire on him was interesting to watch. I want to know more about the butler. He seems like an interesting character.

Still, I couldn’t help but feel like information was being glossed over. Like if only it was a few more chapters longer….

This is why I shouldn’t do novella’s, i’m a sucker. In one sense, the author baby fed us some information but there’s more questions that need answers. And just when I felt like I was really getting into the novella, it ends >_<

AGH!

However, the author once again has pulled me in, much like the lure Lucien had on Dahlia, and I want to know more. I need to know more. On to the next installment: Spellbound: Laid Bare 3 XD

Source: http://slbookreviews.tumblr.com/post/132600615106/review-unveiled-laid-bare-2-by-authorsrgrey