marslize

Shelique Lize's Reads

Welcome

Hey there and welcome to my bookshelf, where you will find my thoughts on books. Book promos and more stuff on books.

I love the author community. Most importantly I love the indie authors and would love to help out in way that I can.

REVIEW: Her Confessional #3

Her Confessional #3: Playing For Keeps - Rebecca Norinne Caudill

summary

After months of hiding their engagement to promote a farcical PR relationship tied to Cameron’s new movie, Sarah is struggling to remind herself of the benefits of the plan – if only she can make it that long. Having just about reached their breaking point, Cameron proposes a romantic weekend away to re-connect with one another but their boss has a better idea: a two-week trip away from the prying eyes of Hollywood and the PR team’s aggressive gossip machine.

Once out of the Hollywood spotlight, Cameron reverts back to the loving, attentive man Sarah first fell in love with and idyllic days spent hiking, biking, and surfing lead to sensual nights wrapped in each other’s arms. But when a gossip columnist viciously pegs Sarah as “the other woman,” they’re forced to acknowledge the reality of their situation. Vowing to beat the studio at its own game, Sarah and Cameron openly flaunt their relationship, knowing their actions may mean giving up the careers they both love.

With help from some new friends along the way, Cameron and Sarah re-discover what matters most as they work to find their happily ever after.

*NOTE* This is the third and final part in the Her Confessional serial. Parts 1 & 2 must be read first before reading Part 3.

Other Books in the Her Confessional series…

Her Confessionals: Making Of A Star #1

Her Confessionals: Our Little Secret #2

My Thoughts

4 Hearts/5: Awesome Read.

3/5 Sensuality: There Is Sex But Its Not Explicit.

4/5 Heat Rating: Scorching.

In this final installment to Her Confessional series, Cameron and Sarah have agreed to keep their relationship a secret. In turn, Sarah’s boss has bribed promoted her to an assistant producer which comes with a bigger paycheck and more perks.

Playing For Keeps started very emotional and intense but with the given circumstances, I mean, WTF. You could feel how frustrated Cameron and Sarah were with their situation. Not being able to control anything, not being able to experience the Hollywood life style together, not be able to go out and celebrate Cameron’s new life changing role. I understand how frustrated Sarah must of been and how painful that would be to see her man prancing around with another girl. And her mother, lol, omg.

When Sarah and Cameron got to get away to Vancouver, you could literally feel the tension slipping away and I liked that. I liked seeing them being sweet with one another and playful and carefree, like a normal couple. I thought the sh*t was going to hit hell when they were spotted and then the gossip around town. I mean sure it exploded but it wasn’t as bad as I had thought.

Cameron and Sarah did a good with letting everything come out and of course someone had to pay but at the end of the day, the had love. They had each other. I will say, in this final installment you could also feel the love Cameron had for Sarah, more so then in Our Little Secret and Making Of a Star.

This novella was a sweet end to a series!

* I was given a copy of this book for free, in an exchange for an honest review.

About Rebecca Caudill

Rebecca Caudill is an unabashedly proud writer of both contemporary and paranormal romance novels. She read her first full-length book when she was just four years old and has been hooked on words ever since. When not creating fictional worlds inhabited by strong women and dashing heroes, she is planning her next vacation, trying out new recipes, or drinking a dram of whisky. Rebecca lives in Oakland, CA, with her husband.

Click here for more information

Source: http://slbookreviews.tumblr.com/post/131283834555/review-playing-for-keeps-by-by